Meetings and events
- EuroNanoForum 2015, 10-12 June Riga, Latvia
- 7th edition of the International Congress on Architectural Envelopes - ICAE2015, 27-28-29 May 2015, San Sebastián, Spain
- EUROPEAN STEEL DAY , 28 May, Brussels
- Society and Materials International Conference - SAM 9 - 11/12 May 2015, Luxembourg
- Eurosteelmaster2015, 10-15 May, Terni - Italy
Prospective industrielle et économie circulaire : concept élégant et réalité complexe !
, 05 May 2015, Palais provincial de Namur
Responsable académique: Luc Chefneux
Coordinateur: Jean-Pierre Birat
- SF2M : 70 ans de Métallurgie et Matériaux, 20 March 2015 - Paris
- Recycling 16- 18 March 2015, Metz, France
- Workshop on education and manufacturing, organized by manufuture- Friday 23rd January 2015, Brussels
- 5th FTA International Conference, Brussels 27-28 November 2014
- ESTEP Sixth Mirror Group Meeting, 18 November 2014, Brussels
- ESEC 2014, Teesside University, UK, 15-17 September 2014
- 8th ECCC, Graz 23-26 June 2014
- CleanTech 2014 - Washington DC 15-18 June 2014
- World Steel Conference - 17/19 March 2014 - Prague
- Steel and hydrogen - IEA Hydrogen roadmap - Paris9/10July2013
- 1st workshop on Metallurgy Roadmap made in and 4 Europe
- SF2M Annual Meeting 2013 - 29/31 October 2013 - Lille
- 17th edition of Steelmaster, Dalmine 30th September- 4th October and San Gemini 4-8 November 2013
ESTEP confirmed as ETP-2020
ESTEP was reconfirmed as a 2020 European Technology Platform by the European Commission in July 2013, after an evaluation conducted during the first semester of the year.
This acknowledges the quality of the work conducted by the Platform since 2003, when it was created, one of the first European Technology Platforms (ETPs) in the EU.
ESTEP brings together the major EU Steel producers, along with stakeholders from the Steel value chain, research institutes and major European Universities. ESTEP has been projecting its vision of the future of society and of the seminal role of steel will continue to play in this future through its Strategic Research Agenda, first published in 2004, then updated in2006 and fully rewritten in 2013.
The Commission explains its vision for the renewed role of ETPs in a document published on July 12, 2013, "Strategy for European Technology Platforms: ETPs 2020".
The nature and role of the new ETPs are spelled out there: ETPs are think tanks projecting the view of the future of a significant economic sector as seen by the industry, its value chain and its stakeholders. Furthermore, ETPs are organized in order to turn that projection into action plans that are implemented quickly and efficiently. They focus on R&D&I (R&D and Innovation) as a principal tool to achieve their ambition and help put Europe back on the growth track and contribute to the achievement of the 2020 goals of the EU.
ESTEP will thus be part of the implementation of this 2020 vision and offer the view of the industry to the Commission as the Horizon 2020 program is built up and deployed progressively. This is an increased role for the platform and an exciting one!
STRATEGY FOR EUROPEAN TECHNOLOGY PLATFORMS: ETP 2020
The 2020 EU policy
ESTEP's Strategic Research Agenda
IEA: 10 July 2013 - Paris
IEA organized a meeting in mid July 2013 in Paris, prior to establishing a roadmap on hydrogen. ESTEP was invited and the Secretary General , Jean-Pierre Birat, gave a presentation on the connection between steel and hydrogen, limited to a very small number of slides and thus necessarily schematic. You can find reference to the event through the first link and to the presentation through the second one.
European Steel Day 2013 of 16 May 2013
EUROFER is organising its 2013 annual event, the European Steel Day, to take place on 16th May at the Autoworld - Parc du Cinquantenaire in the EU quarters of Brussels. This year, the event is being planned in cooperation with the European Business Summit.
The European Steel Day is a unique occasion for representatives from the steel sector, researchers, and EU policy makers to discuss solutions to current challenges and define future priorities.
This third edition will focus on themes of particular relevance to the European steel industry, including:
1. The European Action Plan for the Steel Industry, due to be released by the European Commission Vice-President Antonio Tajani, Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship together with the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Mr László Andor;
2. The Steel Roadmap for a Low Carbon Europe 2050, to be followed by a panel discussion. The event is free but seating is limited, therefore registration is mandatory. We advise you to register as soon as possible with EUROFER access code.
Should you need further information about the event, please visit www.eurofer.org/
- STEEL 2012 conference of 8-9 November
Fifth Mirror Group meeting of 7 November
ESTEP organised its fifth Mirror Group meeting on November 7th in Brussels. There were 35 participants from 11 Member States, ESTEP stakeholders and representatives of the European Commission. The Mirror Group approved the updated ESTEP Strategic Research Agenda and the Member States representatives gave their full support to the SPIRE project. The SPIRE project is a new PPP for Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy Efficiency.
- European Steel Day 2012 of 28 June 2012
- 6th International Conference on Society and Materials SAM6 of 31 May 2012
- Ninth Meeting of the Steering committee of 1 March 2012
Last updated on: 2015-04-23